[gtkmm] TextView Scroll problem

Hi,
  I have a GUI debugger that uses GtkSourceView. When I load a file for the first time, control stops at the first instruction in the program (say for example main() ) and I have a marker in the margin corresponding to that line. When I call scroll_to(Gtk::Iterator, margin) function to move the marker in the visible region of the textview, it doesn't work for the first time. However, each subsequent call to scroll_to() does work i.e., after executing one command say(step or next).
  I'm not able to understand what needs to be done and why is it happening this way? Does anyone have an idea as to whats happening?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Sandeep.