Re: [gtkmm] gettext with ANJUTA , translation doesn't work

cedric <cedric probesys com> writes:

> Hi !
> I'm using anjuta and gettext capabilities.
> I use gettext("strings in english") in the sources.
> i've made the fr.po , and it is in the directory po/
> po/ is in my project directory.
> Anjuta compile fr.po to fr.gmo
> The compilation works well.

You need to copy the "fr.gmo" file to a "PROJECT.mo" file in
"/usr/share/locale/XX/LC_MESSAGES/", with PROJECT replaced by name of
your module (that's probably GETTEXT_PACKAGE) and XX replaced by your
language selection string, probably "fr" in your case.

Look in "/usr/share/locale/XX/LC_MESSAGES/", there should be lots of
other stuff there too,

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.aau.dk/~olau/