Re: [gtkmm] Simple question about popup windows

> Does anybody now how to make a window get all the viewable area of the
> display?
>
> I want to spawn a window of 1280x0124 in a display of 1280x1024. I create > the window as a popup_window and its works well until the user clicks the > mouse over the created window, in that moment the desktop panel appears in
> the botton part of the display.

It's very user-hostile to make a window take up all the screen. Unless
you're wrinting a game that it, in which case you should look into SDL.

> Is there a way to avoid this behaviour (form the GTK, the X server
> configuration or GNOME desktop configuration)?

Try to create your window as Gtk::WINDOW_POPUP, and to give the window
manager a stacking hint.

Tassos

I've being searching on the class reference of Gtk::Window trying to found something to tell the window manager to spawn the popup_window over all the desktop stuff.

Here is the code that has worked for me:

On the popup_window constructor:

 this->set_decorated(false);
 this->maximize();
 this->set_resizable(false);

 // None of these set_type_hint has worked
 //this->set_type_hint(Gdk::WINDOW_TYPE_HINT_SPLASHSCREEN);
 //this->set_type_hint(Gdk::WINDOW_TYPE_HINT_DESKTOP);
 //this->set_type_hint(Gdk::WINDOW_TYPE_HINT_DOCK);
 //this->set_type_hint(Gdk::WINDOW_TYPE_HINT_DIALOG);
 //this->set_type_hint(Gdk::WINDOW_TYPE_HINT_MENU);
 //this->set_type_hint(Gdk::WINDOW_TYPE_HINT_TOOLBAR);
 //this->set_type_hint(Gdk::WINDOW_TYPE_HINT_UTILITY);
 //this->set_type_hint(Gdk::WINDOW_TYPE_HINT_NORMAL);

 this->set_skip_pager_hint(false);
 this->set_skip_taskbar_hint(false);

  ... All the configuration of the aplication ...

 this->raise();

¿Dónde se esconden l s solter s? Encuentra miles de perfiles en MSN Amor & Amistad. http://match.msn.es/