[gtkmm] Simple question about popup windows

Does anybody now how to make a window get all the viewable area of the display?

I want to spawn a window of 1280x0124 in a display of 1280x1024. I create the window as a popup_window and its works well until the user clicks the mouse over the created window, in that moment the desktop panel appears in the botton part of the display.

Is there a way to avoid this behaviour (form the GTK, the X server configuration or GNOME desktop configuration)?

Horóscopo, tarot, numerología... Escucha lo que te dicen los astros. http://astrocentro.msn.es/