Re: [gtkmm] minor problem with sorting rows in win32

bart <gtkmm hakvoort be> writes:

> When sorting rows in a treestore i stumbled upon yet another annoying
> win32-thingy, it's case-insensitive :`(
> When i sort the rows in a linux-environment they'll sort like this:
>
> In an win32 environment it's like this:

This is a locale issue, I expect.  On my GNU/Linux system, using the
en_GB locale, I get case-insensitive sorting too (which is actually
what most people expect--ordering like in the index of a book).  It's
only programmers who expect "order" to be by the encoding in the
character set!

I guess you're using the C locale on Linux.  Try using a different
locale and see what happens:

$ touch A a b B
$ ls
a  A  b  B