[gtkmm] gtkmm 2.4 accelerator stuff (2.2 for that matter)

I'm interested in using the new action group stuff in gtkmm 2.4, but I was wondering what the interface was for modifying keyboard accelerators with action based stuff.  I've had a significant amount of trouble getting keyboard accelerator paths to work in the 2.2 (documentation is where?), and was wondering if there was any set up to deal with keyboard accelerators directly with actions (since that would be the obvious extension).

Any help is appreciated, even with the AccelPath stuff in 2.2.  However information about how 2.4 works will probably work just fine, since I will shortly be moving over to that.

Thanks,
Adruab > Adrian Bentley