Re: [gtkmm] RE: gtkmm & devhelp

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 05:20:46PM +0200, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> > I've tried to make a patch for the build system, but the changes
> > that I could make were too trivial to make an actual diff for,
> Did diff say "Too trivial. Aborting."? The changes that I suggested are very
> worthy of a patch.

No; what I meant was that all I could figure out was the change in the
Doxyfile.in, and that is a one-line change; I don't know enough about
the build system and autoconf in general to make the necessary changes.
Making a diff for a one-line change is a bit stupid IMO, it's faster to
make the change by hand then downloading the diff and applying it.
That's why I described the change in the bug report.

> > and there were a few tradeoffs between flexibility and ease of
> > building that I wasn't sure of,
> Such as?

Well, should we assume that xsltproc is in the path? Should we assume
that it's on the system at all? Should we allow the user to specify
which xslt processor to use? If yes, how do we specify the syntax for
the command? Should we make the place where the devhelp file is
installed to configurable? If yes, how? That sort of questions.

cheers,

roel

--
any idiot