Re: [[gtkmm] Problem with std::string -> Glib::ustring conversion]

Brian Gartner <cadrach-gtkmm wcug wwu edu> wrote:
> I'm writing an application that, during initialization, must read strings
> from a binary data file which includes non-ascii characters such as the
> unicode character U00C6 (the combined "AE" character).

Unicode has several possible encodings. I'm not an expert, so hopefully
someone will correct me if I'm wrong:

I believe that the UTF-8 encoding does not have null bytes in its middle, so
that it can be compatible with ASCII string handling routines. So, I guess
that this is some other encoding of Unicode such as UCS-2. You might use the
iconv library to convert between encodings.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net