Re: [gtkmm] Glade-2, libgtkmm, Xml::create, callbacks

Daniel Serpell wrote:

Now, I think that a better way could be to extend libglademm, adding
a new way to connect signals to methods.

It's obviously a matter of personal opinion, but IMHO, glade_xml_signal_autoconnect() should probably not have been added to libglade C API in the first place, as it is entirely based on non-portable "hack of hacks" magic. There is no clean solution to the problem, and we should leave it at that.

--
Christer Palm