Re: [gtkmm] Glade-2, libgtkmm, Xml::create, callbacks

Douglas Roberts schrieb:
Actually, all the information to connect the signals is available at compile time: glade writes out the callback stubs as C++ code.

This looks like glademm is being used.

I'm beginning to suspect that using XML::create() might be a mistake in my case. What I want out of gtk+/glade is a RAD, where all aspects of the gui are defined by the RAD (glade-2), and no manual code hacking is required to redefine things like callbacks that were already defined by the RAD (but ignored by XML::create()).

Perhaps you are looking for the --libglade option to glade--. Try it and tell me which problems are still left. [no way to select this option from within glade, yet]

All I really need is a handle to the Gtk C++ object wrappers to those gtk widgets defined via glade, like what is provided for by lookup_widget when C bindings are used to save the glade-produced interface. There _must_ be a lookup tool provided for this when glade saves the GUI with C++ bindings. Does anybody know what the functional equivalent of lookup_widget is for C++ glade-produced code?

This sounds like libglademm (provide Gtkmm classes for xml instances). Did glade-- generate pointers for your code (see above) if you marked the interesting widgets as protected/public [C++ option in glade].

    Christof (glademm maintainer)