[gtkmm] Re: Glade-2, libgtkmm, Xml::create, callbacks

Stephan Puchegger <puchs ap univie ac at> writes:

> I think (but I am not sure), that the situation is the following:
> libglademm can't do the same thing in C++ as libglade does in C due to the
> name-mangling of the C++ compiler (as opposed to no name mangling in C).
> That is why libglade can find the names of the callbacks in a C program
> (although it is a runtime mechanism). Libglademm can't do the same thing
> in C++ since it does not know what the mangled names look like.
>
> I hope, that my info is correct.

Mostly; however, the problem is more difficult (name mangling could be
worked around), because C++ doesn't only have static functions, but
also methods.

Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | Rotty ICQ      | 118634484 ICQ | a rottmann gmx at
http://www.8ung.at/rotty | GnuPG Key: http://www.8ung.at/rotty/gpg.asc

Packages should build-depend on what they should build-depend.