[gtkmm] Re: [sigc] libsigc++-2.0 TODO
- From: Martin Schulze <martin-ml hippogriff de>
- To: Murray Cumming Comneon com
- Cc: libsigc-list gnome org, gtkmm-list gnome org
- Subject: [gtkmm] Re: [sigc] libsigc++-2.0 TODO
- Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 20:54:02 +0100
Am 2003.10.29 17:18 schrieb(en) Murray Cumming Comneon com:
> From: martin-ml hippogriff de [mailto:martin-ml hippogriff de]
> I think we can make a kind of "soft freeze", though, meaning
> that apart from obvious fixes (hopefully none) the API won't
> change any more. This would allow us to release a beta
> version, at least.
Yes. "beta" is just a word.
Just a word, yes. But much more reassuring than "unstable release".
There were quite many unstable releases in the past weeks so we
have to send a signal that stability is in reach, now.
But please don't call it something silly
2.0beta or 2.0.0beta. pkg-config doesn't understand natural language.
call it 1.9.12 and say "this is a beta release. We don't expect to
the API anymore".
Yes, that's what I meant.
] [Thread Prev