Re: [gtkmm] gtkmm 2.4 and gcc <3.2

Am 22.10.2003 um 08:47 Uhr haben Sie geschrieben:
> > From: Morten Brix Pedersen [mailto:morten mbrix dk]
> > * Murray Cumming Comneon com <Murray Cumming Comneon com>
> > [2003-10-21 13:39:12]:
> > > If we use libsigc++ 2 in gtkmm 2.4, this will probably make it
> > > impossible to build it with gcc versions older than 3.2.
> > Does anybody
> > > have a violent objection to that?
> >
> > Users of the stable distribution of Debian, woody, won't
> > be able to use gtkmm 2.4 easily.
>
> This sounds like a serious problem to me. Martin, what do > you think
about that?

How good does gtkmm-2.2 work with gcc-2.95? When I remember correctly
there is a serious compiler bug in gcc-2.95 that can lead to
unpredicted segfaults in programs that link against gtkmm.

On the other hand, if this is not an issue any more, you are probably
right that gtkmm-2.4 should work with gcc-2.95, too. We could try to
get libsigc++2 compilable with gcc-2.95 but I don't think that we have
good chances.

Regards,

  Martin