Re: [gtkmm] Q: How to layout objects on a Notebook page

Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:

From: D. R. Evans [mailto:N7DR arrisi com] It told me how to pack the combo and the label together, but not how to set the width of the combo so that it wasn't far wider than the strings that the combo holds.

Could you put a screenshot online somewhere? Or can you reproduce it with
one of the examples or demos?

I am travelling and don't have any way to do that right now. If I don't figure it out before I get home at the end of the week, I'll post a picture somewhere.

Just to give you an idea, though, the code is trivial:

  list<string> gl;

  gl.push_back("true");
  gl.push_back("false");

  _combo.set_popdown_strings(gl);

//Restrict it to these choices only:
  _combo.set_value_in_list();

The editable part of the combo is wide enough to hold the string "1234567890123456789012345", which is obviously far larger than necessary, and looks silly when the only possible values are "true" and "false".

If I could set it to something like the width of "false " in the current font that would look much more reasonable.

  Doc