[gtkmm] compilation problem with glade-2.

I noticed that glade-2 behaves differently if you create a new project
from scratch (i.e. no .glade file), than if you create a project using an
already existing .glade file. Is that normal? Is there a reason for that?
In more detail...

If I run glade-2 with no .glade file, I say "create new gtk+ project",
then under options, I select C++. Add widgets, save and build. When I run
autogen.sh, it ends with

configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating src/Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: error: cannot find input file: config.h.in

Strangely, if I run autogen.sh again, I get no mo errors, and it compiles
the code too. Autogen.sh does not create any links in the project
directory.

The situation is totally different if I run glade on an already existing
.glade file:

glade-2 someproject.glade

I click on options, select C++, set the name of the project, add widgets,
save and build. Then, when I run autogen.sh I get no errors, and it ends
with

configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating src/Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: config.h is unchanged
config.status: executing default-1 commands
Now type `make' to compile newproj

so I type make and all hell breaks loose. Pages and pages of compilation
errors, probably due to the wrong config files. The compile command it's
actually trying to execute is

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..     -g -O2 -I/usr/lib/gnomemm/include
-I/usr/include/gnome-1.0 -DNEED_GNOMESUPPORT_H
-I/usr/lib/gnome-libs/include -I/usr/include/glib-1.2
-I/usr/lib/glib/include -I/usr/include/orbit-1.0 -I/usr/include/gtk-1.2
-I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/lib/gtkmm/include
-I/usr/lib/sigc++-1.0/include
-I/usr/include/sigc++-1.0  -c -o newproj.o `test -f 'newproj.cc' || echo
'./'`newproj.cc

which clearly shows it's trying to use gtkmm-1.2, not gtkmm-2. Am I doing
something wrong? How do I fix it?