[gtkmm] balloon tips

Hey everyone,

I've been off the list for a few months and now I am back with what I hope
is an interesting question. We are coding an application that has to run in
both a mode with a GUI and in a text-only mode. We've pretty much gotten the
application written. The problem I am having is that we also have to check
to make sure our input to make sure it meets pre-defined conditions.
Currently, if the input is bad, we put up a dialogue box and it tells what
the problem is, and then when the user clicks ok it is closed. The problem
is that this method is hanging the entire program when it is used in the
non-graphical mode. So, we would like to use Balloon tips, and that is not
currently a part of GTK or GTKmm. The reason we would like use Balloon tips
(or to simulate them) is that our windows development team for this project
is using Balloon tips and we would like our user interfaces to be as similar
as possible.

If responding to this email, please email me and the list a copy, as I am
currently set to digest.

Thanks for all your help!

Sarah Leitner