Re: [gtkmm] How big is the gtkmm plus gtk+?

I have check the sizes of gtkmm-2.0 libraries
libgtkmm-2.0.so 2205664
libgtkmm-2.0.a 3562420
libatkmm-1.0.so 229348
libatkmm-1.0.a 343694
libpangomm-1.0.so 143172
libpangomm-1.0.a 200780
libglibmm-2.0.so 287284
libglibmm-2.0.a 435218
Total dynamically linked library size
286546
Total statically linked library size
4542112
The size compared with the size of dynamically linked
GTK+DirectFB/glibc(4400K,
www.directfb.org/documentation/GTK_Embedded/summary.html) and the size
of FLTK(an FLTK static linked application is just 82K) are not small and
, so how can the GTKMM be claimed a thin C++ wrapper for GTK+?

Is it possible to decrease the size of GTKmm to fit some embedded
environment? Or do you know how to strip the size down?\

/edward