[gtkmm] Must include <iostream> or I get an error?

Hi,

Here's something which has bugged me off and on. I have been slowly learning gtkmm over time and have run into this peculiarity now a couple of times (and forgot it and had to figure it out again!) I find if I don't #include <iostream> (whether I'm using it or not) before including <gtkmm.h> and <libgnomeuimm.h> I get the following types of errors:

/usr/include/libintl.h:44: error: parse error before `__const'

It seems like before the errors may have been slightly different but similar and just as meaningless to me. I'm currently using g++ 3.3 but this has happened through several compiler versions.

Is this a bug?  Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks,
Moses