RE: [gtkmm] Drag And Drop Context data

But in the given instance, with the given limitations, I guess then it's not
so bad to pass object pointers around?

Yes, I understand that should the DnD operation span processes that it would
probably crash the receiving application, but in this instance, since there
is only a single program that the user is going to work with, is it a
really, really bad idea?

And if not passing around object pointers, what would you pass around?  It
would have to denote some sort of identity that could be used to potentially
address back to an object instance, would it not?

Continued thanks for your thoughts.

	Erik.