RE: [gtkmm] Drag And Drop Context data

This DnD will not cross application boundaries.  The application that I'm
writing is intended to be the sole purpose for the computer and the sole
user interface.

I suppose that if it did cross application boundaries, the data passed in
the DnD would have to only pass process neutral data values so that the
receiving application could get the data from wherever it's stored and do
something with it.

But if the DnD is only for the single application, and does not cross
process boundaries, would it be OK to pass data object pointers?  What types
of data are typically passed around using DnD?

I'm just wondering if there is a better way to do this than pass around
pointers, that's all.

Thanks for your response,
	Erik.