[gtkmm] Gtk::ListStore::insert, i can't get it working :(

Hi folks,

I've been trying for quite some time now, but i can't insert rows in my
listview. This has to be incredibly easy. So i;m feeling kinda stupid :(

Anyway, the problem lies somewhere with the iterator, i use the
following code:
Gtk::TreeIter test;
row = *(liststore->insert( test ));
row is a Gtk::TreeRow

when running i get this:
Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkliststore.c: line 1143
(gtk_list_store_insert_before): assertion `VALID_ITER (sibling,
list_store)' failed

gtkmm-ERROR **: file treeiter.cc: line 113 (void
Gtk::TreeIter::setup_end_iterator(const Gtk::TreeIter&)): assertion
failed: (model_ == last_valid.model_)
aborting...

It seems i have to initialize the iterator, but how can i do this? I've
tried something like :
test = liststore->iterator
etc....
But nothing seems to work.

cheers,
Bart

NB. Everything goes fine when i use append() and prepend()