[gtkmm] Re: Fullscreen+set_transient_for+Fedora

On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 01:33, Igor Gorbounov wrote:
> Hi, All!
> Early, on RedHat 9, windows (normal windows, no dialogs), that
> were set transient for a fullscreened parent window, were placed
> on top of that window.
> And now, on Fedora Core 1, their behavior has changed: all my
> transient windows are hiding itselves under their parent window -
> is that normal. I mean, they behave themselves just like it was
> disigned by developers of gtk (and gtkmm) or am I missing something?
> Anyway, is there a reliable method for placing non-dialog
> daughter windows above their parent window?

This would be better to go to desktop-devel-list gnome org, which
is the most appropriate list for discussing Metacity behavior.
(Metacity is the GNOME window manager.)

GTK+ just describes the situation to the window manager; what the
window manager decides to do is not under GTK+'s control.

Regards,
					Owen