RE: [gtkmm] Window questions

> From: gtkmm-list-admin gnome org
> [mailto:gtkmm-list-admin gnome org] On Behalf Of Alberto Paro
> > 1. How can I make a window below other windows ?
> > 2. How can I make a window top of other windows ?
> > 3. How can I diable including a window in taskbar ?
> > 4. How can I diable including a window in pager ?
> 1-2-3-4 depends on your windows manager (look at doc regarding it)

GTK+ 2.4 and gtkmm 2.4 have new methods to _keep_ things above or below:
http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/reference/html/classGtk_1_1Window.h
tml#a101
(gtkmm 2.4 doesn't have the new GTK+ docs yet)
http://cvs.gnome.org/lxr/source/gtk+/gtk/gtkwindow.c#5935

To just bring something to the front once, use
Gtk::Window::raise()
http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/reference/html/classGtk_1_1Window.h
tml

I'm not sure about the taskbar, but preference dialogs and tool pallettes
are definitely not meant to appear in the list of running applications. The
GTK+ guys will be able to give more accurate advice.

murrayc usa net