Re: [gtkmm] Preferred method to access glade objects within gtkmm

Murray Cumming Comneon com schrieb:
How can I encourage people to post glademm questions on the glademm mailing
list?

How can I besides telling them so. Quoting glademm's user guide:

> Further reading Automake + Autoconf tutorial by a gtkmm maintainer
> (you)
>
> Gtk+ online documentation
>
> Gtk-- online documentation
>
> Glade tutorial
>
> Splitting a glademm project into subdirectories (by Mark Jones)
>
> Glade-- mailing list and it's archives
>
> Glade-- bug tracking system and project page

I never mention gtkmm-list!

Quoting the download page:
> There is also a  user's guide to using glademm. The number one
> problem seems to be that people forget to mark widgets they want to
> access as protected or public. If you have any problems, suggestions
> etc. please write to the Glade-- mailing list.
>
> See the bottom of this page for two glademm based example projects.

What can I do more?

   Christof (glademm maintainer)

PS: Of course it's right to ask on the gtkmm list about how to fill a treeview of how to pop up a popup menu. Just 90% of the people overlook the sentence about the "number one problem" written in _boldface_ on the download page and ask on the gtkmm or glade list [which is wrong]!