RE: [gtkmm] design question using libglademm

On Fri, 2003-10-31 at 02:41, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> I assume that you are talking about libglademm rather than glademm.

Yes, as the subject suggests :)

> Yes. But you can choose to only instantiate a sub widget.

It seems to me that when I tried adding a second argument for the widget
path, the pointer returned was indeed for the sub-widget, but the higher
level window was still instantiated which is why I had to set it's
visible flag to 'no'. I better double check this to make sure.

> I don't know why anybody would ever set the visible flag to 'yes'.

Do you mean for the placeholder widgets, or for all widgets in general?

> Yes, that's why I added the derived_widget stuff in libglademm 2.1/2.2.

Right. I had a look at that section and actually forgot about it since
when I went into the libglademm src directory I had, there was no
derived example in the examples folder. I guess I should go grab the
latest and have a look.

Thanks for the comments. I'm sure I'll be posting more questions in the
near future.

Cheers,

Eric