[gtkmm] gtkmm api design question

Hi there,
throughout gtkmm API here and there scattered methods which accept
references to objects, but frequently they require zero value to be
passed.

For instance
Gtk::TreeView::set_cursor (const TreeModel::Path& path,	TreeViewColumn&
focus_column, bool start_editing = false);

takes reference to focus column, and documentation tells that if focus_column
is not 0 (!!!how c++ reference can be zero?) and start_editing = true we start
to edit this column. I'm wandering how one can pass focus column = 0 to this function? Is there some NULL gtkmm object, whith gobj() method returning 0,
which i can pass instead of "zero" reference or it is completely impossible
with gtkmm?

I do not wanna start editing here, and do not know current_focus column to
pass it. Gtk::TreeView::set_cursor(const TreeModel::Path& path) can help
me, but there is no such function.

I'm use gtk_tree_view_set_cursor with focus_column = 0 now. So is there
really some way to pass zero to such a function in gtkmm?

--
fuxx