Re: [gtkmm] ANNOUNCE: gtkmm 2.2.2

Mike Leidy wrote:

RE: original message http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtkmm-list/2003-May/msg00175.html about missing .so on shared libs:

I had the same issue.  Where libgtkmm-2.0 is a symlink to libgtkmm-2.0.1.5.1 and similarly with the others instead of libgtkmm-2.0.so -> libgtkmm-2.0.so.1.5.1.  The original thread makes it seem like this is an issue when building the rpm, but its not.  I got the same behaviour building from source on the command line and via rpm.

Running libtoolize -c -f before ./configure seems to fix this. Libtool version 1.5.
In my case the only difference between an rpm installation and a "make install" method is
the absence of *.la libraries in /usr/lib. I've noticed nothing more.
   Igor Gorbounov