Re: [gtkmm] ANNOUNCE: gtkmm 2.2.2

Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:

From: Andrew E. Makeev [mailto:andrew solvo ru] Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:

Configure file contains variable definition shrext=".so"
(.dll and so
on), and library_name uses shared_ext variable substitution instead of that one. I am affraid you may experience problems not only when using spec files, unless LD doesn't care if library has .so extension ommited.
Can you tell us something in terms of the configure.in file?
Maybe a line
number? I trust autoconf to do the right thing.

Sorry, no can do :-(.
I am not so familiar with autoconf processing, I just found that it came from aclocal.m4 file, and this file was generated automatically too. Try to find a professional.

Right, well, if you give us a real error report for the regular
configure/make build then that might help. Otherwise we don't know anything
more than that the .spec.in files don't work. And that's no great surprise.

Well, as I suspected - you cannot build and run gtkmm applications, using LIBS from "pkg-config --libs gtkmm-2.0", because shared library files are missing .so extension after configure, make install. Don't worry about LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PATH environment variables, everything set properly.

Regards,
-andrew