RE: [Re: [gtkmm] gcc-3.3 and gtkmm-2.2.1]

> From: Ole Laursen [mailto:olau hardworking dk]
> It's a bug.
>
>  http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2003-05/msg01686.html
>
> It will be fixed for 3.3.1, apparently. On

Well done.

> I fixed the problem for myself by installing GCC 3.2 again and forcing
> the g++ symlink to point to g++-3.2 instead of g++-3.3. It's quite a
> dirty hack, though. Else I don't quite know what to do. Perhaps the
> Debian maintainer could insert "public:" in various places in the
> headers to make it work for the Debian packages? Bradley, are you
> reading this?

If you are worried that the gcc bugfix release won't happen quickly enough,
you could add a compiler check for that problem (you already have the test
case) and added an ifdefed "public" to the sources, with a comment of
course. There should be lots of examples of compiler checks in gtkmm
already.

Thanks for identifying this problem.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net