Re: [gtkmm] threads

> Gtk::DrawingArea doesn't seem to get any key_press_events. I've had this
> problem too. It has nothing to do with threads.

I remember in gtk I had to connect_after() to pick up the key_press_events
in the drawing area. Surprisingly, it worked here with

   drawingarea1->signal_key_press_event().connect(SigC::slot(*this,
&window1_glade::on_drawingarea1_key_press_event));

The drawing area no longer sees the keyboard events when I start the
thread.

Aside of that, is the threads code ok? The glibmm threads examples use
Dispatcher's and stuff.  Can I get away without that if all I want to do
is draw something in the drawing area every so many iterations?