RE: [gtkmm] gtkmm2.x on debian

> If you want
> to stay with stable, you can install gnome 2 from here:
> http://people.debian.org/~walters/gnome2.html (or just gtk, if you don't
> need gnome) and then compile gtkmm yourself, which I can help
> with if needs
> be.

Actually, I guess I'll take on the job of backporting gtkmm 2.x to woody
myself.  So far I've compiled libsigc++1.2 and gtkmm2.2 with little
difficulty.  If you are running debian stable, and you want to check them
out, you'll need to add these three sources to /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://people.debian.org/~blade/woody/i386 ./
deb
http://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/mirrors.evilgeniuses.org.uk/debian/backports/wo
ody gnome2.2/
deb http://pokey.css.washington.edu/debian/gtkmm-woody ./

the first one is for XFree86 4.2, the second one is for GNOME 2.x, and the
third one is my new gtkmm packages.  As I said, only libsigc++ and gtkmm are
there at the moment, but I will be adding the rest as soon as I can.  Please
let me know if they work for you, and if there are no major problems, I'll
try to get them added to the GNOME 2.x site instead.

-brad