RE: [gtkmm] Signal emitted when changing a combo selection?

> From: Markus Gerwinski [mailto:markus gerwinski de]
> The combo->get_entry().signal_changed() is always
> emitted twice if
> changing from a non-empty string to another one.
>
> Example: Combo changes from "Mr." to "Ms" using the dropdown
> list. Then I get
> two signals:
>
>   signal_changed: "Mr." -> ""
>   signal_changed: "" -> "Ms."
>
> This is a serious problem for me, since it tangles up my
> `undo' stack, doubles
> the number of database queries etc.. Is there a proper way to
> solve this?

I think I remember having to do a check in my signal handler to see whether
the thing has actually changed, or whether it is empty or something.

That worked for me, but if someone wants to investigate properly they should
ask about this on gtk-list gnome org

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net