[gtkmm] Announce: new version of compose library

Fellows,

I've released a slightly new version of my string composition library.
I found out that GCC has __GNUC__ which can be used to test for a
specific version of GCC. So now I test for GCC >= 3 before modifying
the standard locale, which should make the library work out of the box
with both GCC 2.95 and 3.x.

The library can be downloaded from here:

  http://www.cs.auc.dk/~olau/compose/

In case you don't know, it is small library (i.e. one header) which
defines a bunch of overloaded functions for allowing this syntax:

  compose("The species '%1' has %1 lives.", animal, lives)

    -> "The species 'cat' has 9 lives."

It exist because the native C++ construct

  std::string lives_str = ...;

  "The species '" + animal + "' has " + lives_str + " lives."

is tedious, error-prone, difficult to read and impossible to I18Nize.

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.auc.dk/~olau/