Re: [gtkmm] Free result of TreeModel::get_path()?

Markus Gerwinski wrote:

Hello,

the documentation says, a Gtk::TreePath returned by TreeModel::get_path()
should be freed with gtk_tree_path_free(). But since Gtk::TreePath itself is
not a pointer type, the function cannot be applied to it. Can anybody tell me
how to correctly free the get_path() result again?

I think the documentation is obsolete. According to the code in gtkmm-2.2.0/gtk/gtkmm/treepath.cc:

TreePath::~TreePath()
{
 if(gobject_)
   gtk_tree_path_free(gobject_);
}

so it seems to me that the destructor already does the work for you when the object returned by
get_path() is destroyed (which occurs when it falls out of scope).

Pierre M.