RE: [gtkmm] Dragging an object so that it moves along with mouse pointer

> From: Pramod [mailto:pramodbiligiri hotpop com]
> On Fri, 2003-03-14 at 12:54, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
>
> > If you can find a GTK+ app that can do it, or ask on a GTK+
> list, then
> > I can tell you how to do it in gtkmm. 2.2 might have some
> improvements
> > for D&D.
>
> "dia" (www.lysator.liu.se/~alla/dia), a diagram editor that
> comes with RH 7.3 and above, has _exactly_ what I want (
> selecting an object and dragging it around). It is written
> using GTK+ (not gtkmm). I studied
> its sparsely commented code, but couldn't make out much. I'd
> be really thankful if you could give it a try.

Maybe it's a canvas (libgnomecanvas(mm) or libfoocanvas(mm) or something
else). Gergo Erdi's Guikachu might do similar things in C++.

Please use "Reply To All" so that other people see your messages.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net