[gtkmm] Child Windows?

Hello,

I am new to Gtkmm, so please go easy on me.

I work for a large corporation, and we are evaluating Gtk+2.2 as our Graphical
toolkit. I am starting to learn Gtkmm, and though the documentation is sparse,
the API is fairly clear and easy to follow.  I do, however, have several basic
questions that seem to not be addressed in the documentation.

I am working an an application that currently has one main Gtk::Window class;
however, this application needs to have alot of user custimizable options.  My
original thinking was that the user would click on a button that brings up a
new instance of my Options class (which is derived from Gtk::Window); however,
I have been running into problems with having two instances of Gtk::Window (the
main app window and the options window) and have some questions that hopefully
someone can answer for me:

(1) What is the proper way to display a user "Options" window?  Should I create
a new class inherited from Gtk::Dialog? Or is it okay to have two instances of
Gtk::Window?

(2) If it is ok to have two instances of Gtk::Window, how can I force the
options window to be the child of the main application window, and why can't I
show the 2nd Gtk::Window instance??

(3) Are there any other resources for information/tutorials/documentation on
Gtkmm-2.2 other than the main Gtkmm website?

Thanks in Advance!

--
Gene Ruebsamen