RE: [gtkmm] namespace compile problem

> hi,
> i'm trying to compile gtkmm-1.2.9 and i'm getting an error
> that traces to
> some files in my "/usr/local/gtkmm-1.2.9/gdk--/gdk--"  directory. the
> 'color.h', 'drawable.h' and 'window.h' files appear to be the
> culprits and
> are all giving parse errors when the 'string' type is used.
> checking the
> source, i see that the Gtk namespace is used.
> is this a version problem?  what version of Gtk is compatible with
> Gtkmm-1.2.9?  i've currently got gtk version 1.2.10
> installed. any and all help/advice would be greatly
> appreciated. thanks a mille. brook;

What distro/compiler are you using? What are the actual errors?
One possibility is that you are using gcc 3.* and that gtkmm 1.2.x hasn't
been updated for that compiler.

i am using gcc 3.2 for redhat 8.0 ... so this could be my problem, eh?? any idea what compiler version i might be better off with for this specific gtkmm version (1.2.9)? i'm not very familiar with compiler history :)
thanks a mille,
brook;