RE: [gtkmm] Controlling the mouse with keyboard

> From: Paul Davis [mailto:paul linuxaudiosystems com]
> >I am interested in changing my mouse position with a
> keyboard key press event.
> > Is there a way to do this?
> >
> >My objective is to be able to move the cursor over an image
> widget. But since
> >precision of the cursor is important, i would like to use
> the keyboard arrows
> >for precise positionning of the mouse pointer.
>
> this is called "pointer warping", and its generally frowned upon by
> GUI "experts". as far as i can tell, XWarpPointer is not "wrapped" by
> GDK.

Maybe what he really needs is to move some visual object via the cursors.
For instance, in Quark Xpress or drawing programs you need to move stuff a
little bit at a time via the keyboard, but you don't care if the mouse
cursor doesn't follow the object.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net