Re: [gtkmm] Questions and information

On Wed, 2003-06-18 at 12:16, Dean Kutryk wrote:
> So what I'm wondering about is the future of Gtkmm.

1. GTK+ and GNOME will clearly be very successful and widespread in the
future. Many companies need them. They have a bright future.
2. gtkmm has matured and demonstrated more understanding of API
stability than most proprietary toolkits. Over the past few years we
have had the following stable gtkmm releases: gtkmm 1.2, 2.0, 2.2. gtkmm
2.4 has already been started. We are state-of-the-art. Nobody else is
even up-to-date with modern C++.

>  What are your
> thoughts on making further investments into the project. I'd like to see
> an IDE as well as rich literature built into the development
> environment.

Feel free to add gtkmm-specific functionality to Anjuta, KDevelop,
eclipse etc. There will be no, and should be no, gtkmm-specific IDE.

>  Maybe a book or two published through Oreilly or
> Addison-Wesley. Is this possible?.

You need to ask those companies. We have a book that they can publish.
Nobody is refusing to write books for them.

> Can we build some quality software
> using Standard C++ and Gtkmm.

Erm, yes, that's the point.

murray usa net