[gtkmm] statusbar resizes when resizing window

hi there,

i got the following problem:
when i start my lill app (right now only the basic gtkmm interface layout for the main window), the statusbar has the right size, since the window is really small (no content for my treeviews and so on). but when i resize the window, the statusbar also gets bigger in height, whats "not good" *g*
with gtk+ it worked just fine, but now that i'm getting this over to gtkmm i got this problem.

the statusbar is put into a main vbox (last item for it). here's the code for it:
---
MainWindow::MainWindow()
{
  set_title("gtkMailMon");
  // set_size_request(600, 400);
  // set_border_width(5);

  add(mainBox);

  // content for mainBox
  mainBox.pack_start(mainMenu);
  mainBox.pack_start(mainPaned);
  mainBox.pack_start(m_statusbar);

  //content for mainPaned
  mainPaned.add1(scrollwinBoxes);
  mainPaned.add2(scrollwinMails);

  scrollwinBoxes.add(treeBoxes);
  scrollwinMails.add(treeMails);

  // configure some widgets/give default values
  scrollwinBoxes.set_policy(Gtk::POLICY_AUTOMATIC, Gtk::POLICY_AUTOMATIC);
  scrollwinMails.set_policy(Gtk::POLICY_AUTOMATIC, Gtk::POLICY_AUTOMATIC);
  m_statusbar.push("< none >",0);

  show_all_children();
}
---
think thats all whats important. would be nice if someone could help me very quickly :-)))

	arne