Re: [gtkmm] Compiling gtkmm on Win32 with Dev-C++

At 12:03 AM 6/6/2003 -0400, Indraneel M. Sheorey wrote:

I am trying to compile a gtkmm 2 application I originally coded using Linux tools on WinXP. I installed Dev-C++ 4, the GTK+ runtime and development environments from dropline.net, and the gtkmm 2.2.3 win32 port by Cedric Gustin. I first just tried to compile one of the gtkmm examples, stock.cc.

pkg-config seems fine:

>pkg-config --cflags --libs gtkmm-2.0

An object file was created, but then the linker returned the error message:
F:\Dev-Cpp\Bin\ld.exe: cannot open -lgtkmm-2.0: No such file or directory

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what I'm doing wrong here?

1. Make sure you have libgtkmm-2.0.dll.a (with the atkmm, glibmm, gdkmm, ... import libraries) in F:\Dev-Cpp\Lib\ or add the appropriate directory to the linker search path. 2. Try to rename it to libgtkmm-2.0.a. Some (very old !!!) versions of the mingw-gcc linker could not deal with the dll.a extension. That would be surprizing with Dev-C++ 4 though ! 3. Give me more information on the binary gtkmm distribution you use. Is it the windows installer or the individual files ?

Cedric

Cedric