Re: [gtkmm] unexpected async reply coding a video class...

Eder Augusto Penharbel wrote:
I neet to write an application to show ( a video ) a rgb image from a buffer ( updated by function ) in a window in X...

I wrote a class for this... This class have a Glib::Thread to render a image ( from updated buffer ) on a drawingarea ( is this the best method??? )

Ummm.... No. the thread should be reading the data, then use Gtk::Dispatcher to draw the image with the main thread.

I saw in documentation about Glib::Dispatcher, and I use one... ( Am I right??? )

but I'm having a error message "unexpected async reply..."

This means that two threads are using concurently Gtk, which should not happen. For best results, have only the main thread use any gtk/gdk methods.

HTH,
Tassos