[gtkmm] RE: problems updating gcc compiler on SuSE Linux 8.2 (gtkmm compi lation error)

> From: Tamer Higazi [mailto:tamer higazi web de]
> Dear Murray,
> Could you please tell me where and how to update the gcc
> compiler with
> it's bugs?! I really don't know how to update the compiler. Or do you
> recommend to download the full compiler from gnu.org?

As I said, you really should tell SuSE about the gcc bug. They need to know
about it, and they really should have a public bug tracker.

>  I followed the
> Bug track on the link you gave me down and clicked on the Patch link,
> but i have really no idea how to patch the current compiler. There
> opened just a text file and that was it.

It would be best to try the gtkmm workaround-patch instead of messing with
your compiler:

This one looks simple enough to apply by hand:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=gtkmm&m=105334866900343&w=2

Patches are normally applied like so:
patch -p0 < something.patch

But tell SuSE.