Re: [gtkmm] Animating with Fixed.put()

On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 08:52:19PM +0000, Shuo Xiang wrote:
> However, I found that it is too fast, I didn't see the
> animation and it is already finished. When I added a
> delay() function at the end of the while loop, the
> program simply freezes until seemingly all the move
> calls have finished.

The display is not updated until you return from the function. If you want
to do an animation you will have to do it one step at a time with a timeout
signal handler.

Also, although it may work, it seems a bit weird to let the cards be widgets
in a Fixed container. If I were you, I would take a look at Gnome::Canvas.

/Fredrik Arnerup
e97_far e kth se