Re: [gtkmm] Bug 116280

On Thursday 17 July 2003 8:42 pm, Chris Vine wrote:

[snip]

>    _____
>
>   B     B
>
>   C     C
>
>    _____

> (That is, a case where D has two Bs and two Cs but only one A).  I think
> the problem in the case to which the bug report relates is that in D you
> only want one B as well as one A.  If that is the case, the virtual
> inheritance of B by C must be explicitly declared (as well as the virtual
> inheritance of A by B).
>
> Chris.

Actually, in order to get two Bs, a more meaningful heirarchy (to which the
same comments apply) would be:

   _____
  |     |
  B     B
  |     |
  C     D
  |     |
   _____

Here E (the finally derived class) has two Bs unless the inheritance of B by C
and B by D is virtual (in which case you would not need the inheritance of A
by B to be virtual, because there is only one B anyway).

Chris.