Re: [gtkmm] Glib::RefPtr construction

On Fri, 2003-01-10 at 17:39, Michael Johnson wrote:
> Having an elegantly simple and intuitive implementation of a smart
> pointer in the API is a huge win, and that's what I'm trying to
> accomplish. There's already a smart pointer in the API and it is used
> extensively. It only makes sense that it should be as generally useful
> as possible. At the moment, the implementation of RefPtr<> has been
> polluted by what ought to be internal details of Glib::ObjectBase.
> Glib::ObjectBase inherits public behaviors from SigC::Object but then
> modifies those behaviors in an incompatible way. This is bad. If that
> pollution can be eliminated, then it is worth doing IMHO.

We already knew about the simple problem that you mentioned. I already
said the I fixed that in glibmm 2.4.

As for the rest - your idea of not using the GTK+ reference count -
please just try to code it. If it works we'll probably be happy. As with
anything, you sometimes have to code things yourself if you feel it's
important enough.

murray usa net