Re: [gtkmm] how to compile GdkPixbuf

On Fre, 2003-01-10 at 01:12, Vishal Modak wrote:
> hi
>
> I'm trying to use GdkPixBuf to save a pixmap to a jpeg file... I
> included <gdk-pixbuf/gdk-pixbuf.h> (was it right?) and the
> compilation phase goes ok; but when it links the .o, it gives...
>
> undefined reference to `gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file'
> undefined reference to `gdk_pixbuf_render_pixmap_and_mask'
> undefined reference to `gdk_pixbuf_unref'
>
> How can I tell the linker to search them etc. etc?

This question is off-topic since it has nothing to do with gtkmm.
Anyway, I guess you need to link with the output of gdk-pixbuf-config
--libs or something like that.

> And i am using gtkmm-1.2.10, gtk-1.2.10 , libsigc++-1.0

Note that gtkmm2 comes with a nice C++ wrapper, Gdk::Pixbuf.  I know you
probably heard it already, but let me tell you again:  gtkmm-1.2 is
obsolete.  You shouldn't be developing new applications with it.

--Daniel