Re: [gtkmm] Slots from non-Gtk subclasses.

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 11:44:02 -0500
Paul Davis <paul linuxaudiosystems com> wrote:

> >Reading that I again feel unconfident about the multiple inheritance
> >"feature" in C++.
>
> nothing that you quoted is directly related to MI, only to the
> so-called "diamond" inheritance pattern.

my point was the diamond, nothing more.

> being able to combine two
> classes into one and optionally add extra functionality is such a
> useful thing its hard to imagine doing with it a lot of the
> time. however, allowing the two parent classes to both derive from the
> another more antecedent class - this is an area where there is room
> for doubt about its utility and/or sense.

Whether it's useful or not, whether it's needed or not:
It's just my opinion that multiple inheritance is the source of errors
(if you're using it when it's not approriate). Thus, I don't like it
and I'm trying to avoid it whereever it is possible.

Greetings,
Christian