Re: [Re: [[gtkmm] Destroying menu]]

"Andrew E. Makeev" <andrew solvo ru> wrote:
> Just one question: how could you force GtkMenu to do not destroy children?
>
> Some time ago, GtkMenu didn't destroy children, so, we haven't met that
> segfault. Now, it seems, GTK team fixed that, and caused underwater
> boulders to raise up.

In general containers shouldn't destroy children unless those children are
explicity manage()ed. A Menu is a container. So it seems like a simple bug,
though maybe not simple to fix. I am hoping that someone else will look into
this bug so that I don't always have to do it. If this is the same bug then
the current test case is probably the best, simplest, test case.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net