Re: [gtkmm] the canvas

>So, if the API is so close, how much work would it be to set up
>libgnomecanvasmm to use FooCanvas?
>I have no real way to evaluate FooCanvas's usefulness compared to
>GnomeCanvas until I can build Guikachu against it.

FooCanvas has no AA support. That means that (at minimum):

 (1) items for which you want anti-aliasing (lines, in particular)
       will be rendered without them, all the time.
 (2) custom canvas items that use the render method will be useless
       with FooCanvas.

whether this matters to you will depend on your app. i know that for
me, both of these items are critical.

--p